Evaluate Bone for More Accurate Diagnosing and Treatment
Amarillo Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery & Dental Implants has a state-of-the-art office equipped with highly advanced 3D cone beam computed tomography, or CBCT, scanning technology. These scans create a detailed, three-dimensional image of a patient’s facial structures that can be viewed from virtually every angle. By using this equipment, we are able to more accurately diagnose and treat a variety of oral health needs.
What does a CBCT scan show?
- Shape and dimensions of the jaw, which can be used for dental implant surgery or measurements for oral appliances
- Diagnosing airway problems associated with sleep disorders
- Detecting and identifying lesions or growths
- Evaluating sinuses and the nasal cavity
- Beneficial for treatment planning for facial trauma cases
The Biggest Benefits of 3D Scanning
3D scans are all digital, and your surgeon can look at the images with you so that you are just as involved in the treatment process. Other benefits include:
- Improved diagnostic ability to create effective treatment plans
- Less exposure to radiation compared to traditional X-rays
- Instant viewability for your doctor and care team
Let's Get Started
Whether you’re in need for cosmetic or oral surgery of any kind, our highly skilled surgeons have a treatment option for you. We love getting to know our patients, and we look forward to continuing to serve the Texas Panhandle communities. Answer a few quick questions to let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll take it from there.