Pre-Operative General InstructionsBACK
Before Your Surgery
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours prior to the appointment.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes. Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery. At least one finger needs to be free of fingernail polish.
- Do not be alarmed if your vision is blurred for a time following anesthesia or if a black and blue bruise should appear at the site of an injection. The arm also may be bruised, swollen, and tender to touch due to the IV.
- For pediatric patients under the age of 12, the doctors will provide specific instructions concerning when to eat or drink prior to surgery.
We Are Here To Help
Please contact our office if you have any questions or issues with these instructions.