We understand the role that our physical appearance plays in our levels of confidence and self-esteem. If you feel as though you have more wrinkles than you would like, you wish your skin had a brighter glow, or you simply want to feel refreshed, Amarillo Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery offers a variety of cosmetic surgery procedures for you. Schedule a consultation with us, and our specialists will design a treatment plant that helps you achieve your cosmetic goals.
Fractional CO2 Laser
Laser skin resurfacing is a proven way to reduce wrinkles, age spots, and scars, as well as balance skin tone. CO2 fractional laser technology is unique because it stimulates both the inner and outer layers of skin, enabling us to remove damaged skin cells on the outer layer and allow new, smooth skin to grow in its place. Some patients achieve their desired results after only one treatment, while others opt for several treatments over a period of time.
Benefits of Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Minimize sun damage and scarring
- Improve skin texture and balance skin tone
- Stimulate collagen for more youthful skin
- Minimal downtime after treatment
- Can be used to remove precancerous growths
BOTOX is an FDA-approved method for smoothing frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and other fine lines on the face. Wrinkles occur on a cellular level due to the reduction of collagen, sun damage, and other factors. BOTOX works beneath the skin’s surface and temporarily reduces the muscle’s activity that causes these lines, helping them look visibly smoother. One treatment can be completed in as quickly as 10 minutes, and results can last up to 4 months. Learn more about the benefits on BOTOX on the BOTOX Cosmetic website.
The Benefits of BOTOX
- Results can be seen within the first 24–48 hours.
- You can resume your normal activities immediately after your appointment.
- This minimally invasive treatment uses some of the smallest needles available, and many patients find that there is very little pain, if any, during the treatment. We also offer pre-injection numbing treatments for patients who are nervous about receiving BOTOX.
- Because the treatment is temporary, BOTOX applications can be tailored to fit your needs as your face naturally ages and changes.
- Receive predictable, subtle results that allow you to still look like you.
Our practice in Amarillo offers Obagi® and SkinMedica® products to refresh, renew, and protect your skin. The Nu-Derm System by Obagi is a comprehensive skincare system that helps correct hyperpigmentation and reduce visible signs of aging, and SkinMedica products leverage your skin’s natural healing properties to enhance the look and feel of your skin. To learn more, visit the official Obagi and SkinMedica websites.
Treat Signs of Aging and Sun Damage
The skin naturally ages over time, but sun exposure can cause signs of aging to occur more rapidly. Damage from sunlight and exposure to the elements can cause:
- Age spots
- Loss of elasticity
Obagi and SkinMedica products cleanse, exfoliate, hydrate, and rejuvenate the skin. Whether you’re looking for sun protection or are in need of a new skincare routine, these products will give your skin the radiance you’ve been looking for.
Dermal fillers can smooth wrinkles and restore a youthful luster. The aging process causes the natural fat cells beneath our skin to diminish, resulting in wrinkles, creases, and sagging or sullen-looking skin. Fillers restore the volume beneath the skin to fill in deep wrinkles and add volume to areas that have become more sunken-in, like deep creases or smile lines around the mouth and nose. The biggest difference between this and BOTOX is that BOTOX is generally used for fine lines and wrinkles, while facial fillers are used to restore lost volume to areas of the face or lips.
We proudly offer the following filler treatments:
The full line of JUVÉDERM® website products JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™
- JUVÉDERM Ultra
- JUVÉDERM Ultra Plus
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™
The Benefits of Fillers
- The results are instant: you will walk out of the office with fuller, more youthful-looking skin.
- The effects of these treatments can last for up to 1 year.
- Most fillers are hyaluronic acid-based, and hyaluronic acid (HA) is a substance that naturally occurs in the joint fluids, soft connective tissue, and skin. In fact, HA fillers are used in all sorts of different filler treatments, including injections designed to cushion joints, repair wounds, and fill deep wrinkles or scars.
- The injection only takes a few minutes.
When your skin tone becomes uneven or dull because of sun exposure, aging, acne scars, or other causes, a chemical peel can penetrate the damaged outer layers of your skin to reveal smoother, healthier, younger-looking skin beneath. Chemical peels are a great way to get real results without resorting to invasive surgeries or other, more extensive procedures. Some of the skin conditions that chemical peels can treat include:
- Acne or acne scarring
- Age spots
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Irregular pigmentation
- Rough or scaly patches of skin
- Sun damage
A facial is a relaxing treatment where one of our specialists gently massages, hydrates, cleanses, and treats your skin so that it feels and looks soft and radiant. We’ll help you choose the right facial for your skin type and discuss your options for at-home skin care with our available products. Visiting us for a facial is the perfect calming experience that benefits your skin and eases stress.
Benefits of Facials
- Relieve stress
- Cleanse the skin
- Prevent signs of aging
- Promote blood circulation
- Detoxify the skin
- Treat acne
Hear From Patients
Other Questions? We’re Here to Help
If you have questions about a procedure, financing, or anything else, please reach out to us at any time. Our team is here to help, and we look forward to caring for you and your loved ones.