Completely Restore Your Smile in 4 Hours
The 4-Hour Smile procedure gives patients who are missing most or all of their teeth a permanent, efficient, and cost-effective solution to completely restore their smile. Dentures used to be the only tooth replacement option for patients missing a lot of teeth, but now this revolutionary procedure allows patients to receive a full set of permanent teeth in just one day. During the procedure, a full-arch prosthesis (denture) is permanently fixed in the mouth using as few as four dental implants.
Benefits of the 4-Hour Smile Procedure
- Enjoy the foods you love without pain or denture slippage
- No more buying denture adhesive or other products
- Gain the confidence to smile again
- Improve your appearance by supporting your skin and muscles with new teeth
- Prevent bone loss and other oral health problems
The 4-Hour Smile Procedure
The surgical procedure itself can be finished in one 4-hour appointment, and patients will leave the office with a brand new, beautiful smile. Your oral surgeon will discuss the procedure in full, including your anesthesia and sedation options, during your first visit to our office. We will also take 3D CBCT scans for a detailed view of your teeth.
After your anesthesia is administered, your oral surgeon can remove any remaining teeth and place your dental implants. Your final prosthesis will then be attached to as few as four dental implants.
4-Hour Smile in Amarillo, TX
Hear From 4-Hour Smile Patients
These patients can tell you about the firsthand experience undergoing 4-hour smile at our office.
Reviews From Our 4-Hour Smile Patients
Cathy Reviews Her 4-Hour Smile ProcedureWatch Review
"Amarillo Oral Surgery is a very welcoming place. It’s very nice and really calming when you come in. Dr. Wilkinson is the top of his field. Dr. Wilkinson made it a point when I came out of surgery to make sure I was OK, and everything was going well as far as after the surgery. After having the 4-Hour Smile procedure—life for me now—I can smile. Out of five stars I would give Amarillo Oral Surgery, I’d say, a 10. That’s just how amazing all of the staff is, and they care about you that much. It’s worth every extra star."
Tammie Reviews Her 4-Hour Smile ProcedureWatch Review
"Everyone at the office made me feel very safe and comfortable. They treat you like a family. Dr. Wilkinson is the most compassionate, kind man that I have ever come across. He is very detailed. He wants you to ask questions if you don’t understand, and he explains it very well. The procedure was very quick. I have completely changed as a person, I’m told, now that I have this newfound confidence to be out and smile and happy, and to me, it has been completely life-changing. I highly recommend the 4-Hour Smile. It has changed my life, and it’ll change yours."
- Consult with your surgical Smile Team specialists at AOMS.
- 3D Cone Beam evaluation of bone with a surgical specialist: Dr. Graves, Dr. Wilkinson, or Dr. Gonzales.
- Review all medical conditions and coordinate care with your medical doctor prior to surgery if needed. Please provide their contact information to AOMS. Medical conditions that need to be addressed include diabetes; heart conditions; high blood pressure; joint replacements; seizure disorders; lung, kidney, or liver disease, etc.
- Consult with a restorative dentist to arrange restorative phase. Impressions are needed 3 weeks before surgery.
- Schedule surgery and pay deposit.
- Laboratory tech and restorative dentist will work together to design temporary teeth. (This may take more than one appointment.)
- Refer to Pre-Operative Instructions. Do not eat, drink, or smoke for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- Please bring all medications with you for your surgical appointment (including insulin for diabetics).
- As an added prevention against infection, please brush your teeth 3-4 times and swish with a mouthwash of your choice.
- Be prepared to pay your final payment the day of surgery. Our Smile Team financial coordinator will be happy to assist you. We ask that all financial questions be addressed prior to your surgery date. (Go to Your First Visit page to view financial arrangements and prepare accordingly.)
- Plan to be with us 4–6 hours for the procedure.
- 2 days post-surgery: Appointment with restorative dentist to check your bite and check on your healing process.
- 2 weeks post-surgery: Follow-up with Dr. Graves, Dr. Wilkinson, or Dr. Gonzalez Aguilar to evaluate the healing process and examine implants.
- 1 –2 months post-surgery: Follow-up with AOMS Smile Team to evaluate progress.
- 4–6 months post-surgery: Follow-up with AOMS for release to schedule with restorative dentist.
- Appointment with restorative dentist to receive impressions for final bridge design.
- 3-4 weeks later: Appointment with restorative dentist for wax try-in to finalize for lab work.
- 3-4 weeks later: When lab work is complete, schedule placement of bridge with restorative dentist.
- Regular check-ups with restorative dentist for hygiene and maintenance.
Other Questions? We’re Here to Help
If you have questions about a procedure, financing, or anything else, please reach out to us at any time. Our team is here to help, and we look forward to caring for you and your loved ones.