Completely Restore Your Smile in 4 Hours
The 4-Hour Smile procedure gives patients who are missing most or all of their teeth a permanent, efficient, and cost-effective solution to completely restore their smile. Dentures used to be the only tooth replacement option for patients missing a lot of teeth, but now this revolutionary procedure allows patients to receive a full set of permanent teeth in just one day. During the procedure, a full-arch prosthesis (denture) is permanently fixed in the mouth using as few as four dental implants.
Benefits of the 4-Hour Smile Procedure
- Enjoy the foods you love without pain or denture slippage
- No more buying denture adhesive or other products
- Gain the confidence to smile again
- Improve your appearance by supporting your skin and muscles with new teeth
- Prevent bone loss and other oral health problems
The 4-Hour Smile Procedure
The surgical procedure itself can be finished in one 4-hour appointment, and patients will leave the office with a brand new, beautiful smile. Your oral surgeon will discuss the procedure in full, including your anesthesia and sedation options, during your first visit to our office. We will also take 3D CBCT scans for a detailed view of your teeth.
After your anesthesia is administered, your oral surgeon can remove any remaining teeth and place your dental implants. Your final prosthesis will then be attached to as few as four dental implants.
4-Hour Smile in Amarillo, TX
Hear From 4-Hour Smile Patients
These patients can tell you about the firsthand experience undergoing 4-hour smile at our office.
Reviews From Our 4-Hour Smile Patients
Chris Reviews His 4-Hour Smile ProcedureWatch Review
"My teeth were solid, but my jaw bone was decaying away, so they figured they could put me in some new teeth, straight in and not be loose. They put me out; they did every bit of the surgery while I was completely asleep. When I came out, I had a brand new set of teeth. My teeth are essentially like dentures: they’re all one piece. They put implants: they put four implants on the top, five implants on the bottom. Then they screw it straight into these implants—or into these bases—so that they don’t come out, they don’t move around or anything. I never took not one painkiller after I had the surgery, but they still called, checked on us, and, “Anything you need, let us know; we’ll be there."
Jolie Reviews Her 4-Hour Smile ProcedureWatch Review
"When I first walked in, the atmosphere was very inviting. It was very warm. The staff here at Amarillo Oral are very cheerful, very welcoming, and very, just, happy. Dr. Graves is a great man. What he does for the community is top notch. After having the 4-Hour Smile done, it has truly changed my life. On a scale of one to five, I would totally give Amarillo Oral Surgery a five. They’re amazing!"
- Consult with your surgical Smile Team specialists at AOMS.
- 3D Cone Beam evaluation of bone with a surgical specialist: Dr. Graves, Dr. Wilkinson, or Dr. Gonzales.
- Review all medical conditions and coordinate care with your medical doctor prior to surgery if needed. Please provide their contact information to AOMS. Medical conditions that need to be addressed include diabetes; heart conditions; high blood pressure; joint replacements; seizure disorders; lung, kidney, or liver disease, etc.
- Consult with a restorative dentist to arrange restorative phase. Impressions are needed 3 weeks before surgery.
- Schedule surgery and pay deposit.
- Laboratory tech and restorative dentist will work together to design temporary teeth. (This may take more than one appointment.)
- Refer to Pre-Operative Instructions. Do not eat, drink, or smoke for 8 hours prior to surgery.
- Please bring all medications with you for your surgical appointment (including insulin for diabetics).
- As an added prevention against infection, please brush your teeth 3-4 times and swish with a mouthwash of your choice.
- Be prepared to pay your final payment the day of surgery. Our Smile Team financial coordinator will be happy to assist you. We ask that all financial questions be addressed prior to your surgery date. (Go to Your First Visit page to view financial arrangements and prepare accordingly.)
- Plan to be with us 4–6 hours for the procedure.
- 2 days post-surgery: Appointment with restorative dentist to check your bite and check on your healing process.
- 2 weeks post-surgery: Follow-up with Dr. Graves, Dr. Wilkinson, or Dr. Gonzalez Aguilar to evaluate the healing process and examine implants.
- 1 –2 months post-surgery: Follow-up with AOMS Smile Team to evaluate progress.
- 4–6 months post-surgery: Follow-up with AOMS for release to schedule with restorative dentist.
- Appointment with restorative dentist to receive impressions for final bridge design.
- 3-4 weeks later: Appointment with restorative dentist for wax try-in to finalize for lab work.
- 3-4 weeks later: When lab work is complete, schedule placement of bridge with restorative dentist.
- Regular check-ups with restorative dentist for hygiene and maintenance.
Other Questions? We’re Here to Help
If you have questions about a procedure, financing, or anything else, please reach out to us at any time. Our team is here to help, and we look forward to caring for you and your loved ones.